What are the best ways you can use lavender essential oil?
I’m glad to share with you 25 Ways to Use Lavender Essential Oil.
I have a wonderful lavender bush in our backyard that gives off an amazing aroma. Now that we’re using essential oils, I can bring that wonderful smell inside my home. Not only does it smell good, it serves so many different purposes as well. It’s widely known for it’s calming and soothing properties.
Are you an essential oils newbie? See >> What are essential oils?
Recommended Essential Oils Supplies
Easily store your favorite essential oil blends in these convenient roller bottles and sprays so you can use them anytime.
Vivaplex, 6, Cobalt Blue, 10 ml Glass Roll-on Bottles with Stainless Steel Roller Balls – .5 ml Dropper IncludedSet of 12, 2oz Amber Glass Spray Bottles for Essential Oils – with Fine Mist Sprayers – Made in the USAModern Essentials Handbook: The Premier Introductory Guide to Essential Oils, 11th Edition, 2019
Recommended Essential Oil Holders
Organize your essential oil bottles or rollers in these stylish holders. Grab either the White Essential Oil Roller Bottle Holder that is made of wood and resin or the Essential Oil Display Holder that can be a good accent to your counter or nightstand.
Best Ways to Use Lavender Essential Oil in Your Home
- Calming sensory bottle – these are great for young children and those with special needs that need help calming down
- Sensory bins – lavender added to a sensory bin can create a relaxing play atmosphere for your child
- Playdough – as your child enjoys building and the dough texture this provides a multi-sensory experience
- Air freshener – diffuse this in any room to freshen it up
- Restful sleep – diffuse this to calm down at night and enjoy a good night’s sleep
- All purpose cleaner – if you clean with water and vinegar, you can add lavender oil to add a more preferable smell to your cleaner
- Increase antibacterial properties of laundry or dish soap – as well as a great scent
- Keep clothes fresh – add a drop of lavender oil to your dryer sheets
- Add to bed linen or pillow to calm you down at night
- Clean floors – add lavender to your floor cleaner and make your wood floors shine
- Deodorize pet area and minimize pet odors
- Minor sunburns – dilute the lavender oil and apply to sunburn to ease pain and prevent it from peeling
- Itchy bug bites – ease the pain
- Ease earache pain – dilute it and apply behind the ear to reduce the pain from earaches
- Minor burns – keep a bottle in the kitchen so if you burn your self on the stove or a pot, you have a quick pain reliever
- Warm bath – add it to your bath water for a relaxing bath
- Lotion – add it to your bland lotion bottle or make your own lotion
- Reduce stress – diffuse or rub onto your hands and inhale to help with anxiety
- Mild acne – apply topically to blemish since they help your skin control the production of sebum
- Massage – dilute it and apply massages
- Freshen your shampoo – add it to your dull shampoo to help moisturize your hair
- calm down tantrums – diffuse or dilute and apply topically to the bottom of your child’s feet to help with stress throughout the day
- Ease muscle tension – massage to the back of your neck
- Skin irritations – ease the itchiness by diluting it with a carrier oil and apply to your skin or add to your favorite lotion
- Fatigue – with a nice warm foot bath, add lavender to the warm water to reinvigorate your mood
Where do they sell the best oils? Rocky Mountain Oils are my favorite place to grab them, they offer free shipping if you’re in the U.S. and they have a money back guarantee, how awesome is that? I’ve used oils from a popular MLM company and they were great, it’s what hooked our family onto oils, however, I understand that not everyone wants to buy a membership just to get oils. You should be free to buy as needed and that’s what I love about RMO. Their quality is just as good and I was able to find replacements for the everyday things that I needed.
More Essential Oil Tips
6 Reasons to Use Lavender Oil for Skin by 100% Pure