25 Ways to Use Lavender Essential Oil
What are the best ways you can use lavender essential oil? There are so many that most don’t know!
I’m glad to share with you 25 Ways to Use Lavender Essential Oil. I think that you’ll find several on this list that might even be new to you!
I have a wonderful lavender bush in our backyard that gives off an amazing aroma. Now that we’re using essential oils, I can bring that wonderful smell inside my home. Not only does it smell good, it serves so many different purposes as well. It’s widely known for it’s calming and soothing properties.
Are you still looking for more essential oil ideas? Have a look at my list of the best Essential Oils for Beginners!
Recommended Essential Oils Supplies
Easily store your favorite essential oil blends in these convenient roller bottles and sprays so you can use them anytime.
It’s a good idea to have some supplies on hand as a way to store your oils, while also learning more about oils, too. There are so many ways that you can use oils that have a great book to reference is key.
Vivaplex, 6, Cobalt Blue, 10 ml Glass Roll-on Bottles with Stainless Steel Roller Balls – .5 ml Dropper IncludedSet of 12, 2oz Amber Glass Spray Bottles for Essential Oils – with Fine Mist Sprayers – Made in the USAModern Essentials Handbook: The Premier Introductory Guide to Essential Oils, 11th Edition, 2019
Recommended Essential Oil Holders
Organize your essential oil bottles or rollers in these stylish holders. Grab either the White Essential Oil Roller Bottle Holder that is made of wood and resin or the Essential Oil Display Holder that can be a good accent to your counter or nightstand.
These are just the cutest! They’re adorable and easy to fit into any room or home decor! All you have to do is make a place for them – and that’s it! It’s as simple as that.
Are you an essential oils newbie? See >> What are essential oils?
Best Ways to Use Lavender Essential Oil in Your Home
As you can see, there are quite a few ways that you can use lavender essential oil. Some of these you might be familiar with, while others may be new.
Start at the top of the list and work your way down. How many of these have you used before – and after reading these, how many are you going to start doing?
- Calming sensory bottle – these are great for young children and those with special needs that need help calming down
- Sensory bins – lavender added to a sensory bin can create a relaxing play atmosphere for your child
- Playdough – as your child enjoys building and the dough texture this provides a multi-sensory experience
- Air freshener – diffuse this in any room to freshen it up
- Restful sleep – diffuse this to calm down at night and enjoy a good night’s sleep
- All-purpose cleaner – if you clean with water and vinegar, you can add lavender oil to add a more preferable smell to your cleaner
- Increase antibacterial properties of laundry or dish soap – as well as a great scent
- Keep clothes fresh – add a drop of lavender oil to your dryer sheets
- Add to bed linen or pillow to calm you down at night
- Clean floors – add lavender to your floor cleaner and make your wood floors shine
- Deodorize pet area and minimize pet odors
- Minor sunburns – dilute the lavender oil and apply to sunburn to ease pain and prevent it from peeling
- Itchy bug bites – ease the pain
- Ease earache pain – dilute it and apply behind the ear to reduce the pain from earaches
- Minor burns – keep a bottle in the kitchen so if you burn your self on the stove or a pot, you have a quick pain reliever
- Warm bath – add it to your bath water for a relaxing bath
- Lotion – add it to your bland lotion bottle or make your own lotion
- Reduce stress – diffuse or rub onto your hands and inhale to help with anxiety
- Mild acne – apply topically to blemish since they help your skin control the production of sebum
- Massage – dilute it and apply massages
- Freshen your shampoo – add it to your dull shampoo to help moisturize your hair
- calm down tantrums – diffuse or dilute and apply topically to the bottom of your child’s feet to help with stress throughout the day
- Ease muscle tension – massage to the back of your neck
- Skin irritations – ease the itchiness by diluting it with a carrier oil and apply to your skin or add to your favorite lotion
- Fatigue – with a nice warm foot bath, add lavender to the warm water to reinvigorate your mood
Where do they sell the best oils? Rocky Mountain Oils are my favorite place to grab them, they offer free shipping if you’re in the U.S. and they have a money back guarantee, how awesome is that? I’ve used oils from a popular MLM company and they were great, it’s what hooked our family onto oils, however, I understand that not everyone wants to buy a membership just to get oils. You should be free to buy as needed and that’s what I love about RMO. Their quality is just as good and I was able to find replacements for the everyday things that I needed.
More Essential Oil Tips
I told you that there are a lot of ways to use oils! This list above is proof of that! Just in case you need even more ideas, here are some more great tips.
25 Ways to Use Peppermint Essential Oil
As you can see, using peppermint oil can be done in a lot of ways, too!
25 Ways to Use Lemon Essential Oil
Check out this list of unique ideas on how to use lemon essential oil!
Essential Oil Remedies for First Aid
This post will tell you how to use essential oil to help with first aid needs.
Best Essential Oils for Cleaning
The power of oils works great in cleaning various portions of your house! Find out how to clean using essential oils!
6 Reasons to Use Lavender Oil for Skin by 100% Pure
So many great uses for lavender oil!! I actually used some the other night – I had a headache and I hate taking painkillers, so I put a few drops of lavender essential oil on a hanky and put it on my pillow next to my head while I read a book, so I could smell it while I was reading. And it worked – by the time I went to sleep, my head was feeling a lot clearer!
That’s a great way to help your headaches!
What a great list of uses. We go through massive amounts of lavender essential oil at our house! We mostly diffuse it and dilute it to rub on our feet at night to help us fall asleep–all seven of my kids love it and settle down much better when we use it! We’ve also had great results rubbing a bit on sore tummies to help with mild stomach aches.
Yes! I diffuse it every night as well, love it.
We used lavender VERY successfully treat chicken pox. I applied a dab of neat lavender essential oil to each and every spot I could see morning and night from the moment they appeared until they were gone. It appeared to inhibit the development of the spots, itching was minimal, healing was rapid and there was no scarring. In addition, sleep was restful and undisturbed. HIGHLY recommended.
That’s wonderful, so many great uses.